Thursday, January 16, 2014

My RootsTech 2014 Class Schedule - Friday, 7 February



I've started looking at the class schedules for each day at https://rootstech.org/schedule-info/session-viewer/ and these are the classes that I most want to attend on Friday, 7 February:

8:30 a.m. - Friday General Session, Keynote Address -- Dr. spencer Wells (the Genographic Project) and Judy G. Russell (The Legal Genealogist blog) (Hall E)

10:30 a.m. - Luther Tychonievich:  "When Researchers Disagree: Facilitating Helpful, Respectful Collaboration" (Ballroom H)

10:30 a.m. - Kory Meyerink: "Effective Database Search Tactics" (Hall D)

1:00 p.m. - Laura Prescott: "How the Internet Makes Us Sloppy Genealogists and How To Thwart the Trend" (Room 251D)

1:00 p.m. - Pamela Weisberger: "Cartography for Genealogists: Digitally Mapping Time and Generations" (Ballroom G)

2:30 p.m. - Ron Arons: "Putting Flesh on the Bones" (Ballroom E)

2:30 p.m. - Curt Witcher: "Remembering Those Who Have Passed: Why Obituaries Are So Key" (Room 251D)

4:00 p.m. - Jason Butterfield: "Take Your Research Anywhere With Ancestry's Mobile App" (Ballroom A)

4:00 p.m. - Tammy Hepps: "Story by Story: Preserve Your Family History" (Ballroom I)

I have these classes already starred in my RootsTech 2014 App on my iPhone.

Of course, there is no guarantee that I will attend any of these presentations (other than the keynote session).  I usually hang out in the Media Center and write a blog post or two every day at RootsTech, and also walk through the Exhibit Hall several times a day asking questions and learning about new resources.  I do plan to watch the Live Streaming sessions when I get home.  But I have good intentions!


Are you attending RootsTech 2014?  If so, which classes do you want to attend?

Copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver

No comments:

Post a Comment