Thursday, January 23, 2014

My RootsTech 2014 Class Schedule - Saturday, 8 February



I've started looking at the class schedules for each day at https://rootstech.org/schedule-info/session-viewer/ and these are the classes that I most want to attend on Saturday, 8 February:

8:30 a.m. - Saturday General Session, Keynote Address --  Stephanie Nielson (NieNie Dialogues) and Todd Hansen (The Story Trek) (Hall E)

10:30 a.m. - Michael Melendez:  "How to Get Youth Involved in Family History" (Ballroom F)

10:30 a.m. - Lisa Cooke: "Become an iPad Power User" (Ballroom J)

1:00 p.m. - Ron Arons:  "Mapping Madness" (Room 250CF)

1:00 p.m. - Michelle Ercanbrack:  "Behind the Scenes of the Ancestry Research Team" (Room 254ABC)

2:30 p.m. - Charles Knutson: "Genealogy Meets Angry Birds: Making Interfaces More Addictive"  (Room 250AB)

2:30 p.m. - Alison Herzog: "How to Capture Your Living History and Honor Your Ancestors Through Instagram"  (Ballroom A)

4:00 p.m. - Ron Arons: "Finding Living People on the Internet" (Ballroom J)

4:00 p.m. - Jimmy Zimmerman: "Finding Stories on Google Books" (Ballroom C)

I have these classes already starred in my RootsTech 2014 App on my iPhone.

Of course, there is no guarantee that I will attend any of these presentations (other than the keynote session).  
But I have good intentions!  I usually hang out in the Media Center and write a blog post or two every day at RootsTech, and also walk through the Exhibit Hall several times a day asking questions and learning about new resources.  I do plan to watch the Live Streaming sessions when I get home. 

Are you attending RootsTech 2014?  If so, which classes do you want to attend?

Copyright (c) 2014, Randall J. Seaver

No comments:

Post a Comment